Re: [RFI] RF quiet wired routers

To: "WX5L" <wx5l@charter.net>, <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RF quiet wired routers
From: "Jim P" <jvpoll@dallas.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 08:50:43 -0600
> Linksys says my unit is not compatable with Vista even with the

???

Is this a plug-in ETHERNET card, a router or a switch?

If this is router/switch is there a bit somewwhere in the
LAN/ETHERNET protocol that specifies OS (I don't think so)?

I'd like to see the RFC that addresses (no pun intended)
that aspect ... (Sounds like somebody is stepping outside
the 'standards' again.)

UPDATE

Doing a bit of googling it looks like TCP/IP "Scaling" or
"AutoTuning" breaks some routers. Second, Vista also
breaks some routers with Stateful Packet Inspection.

These might be useful; the first link below

http://vistanoob.com/content/view/10/9/

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=10

Jim P  // WB5WPA //