Re: [RFI] Wired vs Wireless Routers for RFI

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Wired vs Wireless Routers for RFI
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 06:30:47 -0800
On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 12:49:58 -0500, Donald Kemp wrote:

>I ended up running shielded Cat-5 cable.

Exactly how and where did you connect the shields on each end? What
equipment (makes/models) were you connecting?

The biggest problem with using shielded CAT5 for this purpose is
that for much of the equipment we are connecting, it isn't easy to
find a suitable connection point for a cable shield (i.e., a
reference plane or the shielding enclosure). Without those
connections, a cable shield won't be effective.

73,

Jim K9YC