Re: [RFI] RFI in home security system

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI in home security system
From: "N3XX - Tim Heger" <n3xx@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 18:40:47 -0400
I would first disconnect the telephone line and then xmit to see if the
alarm goes off.  If not, maybe the problem is the telephone line.  Then
would leave the telephone line disconnected while doing more testing, to
avoid false alarms to the monitoring service.  Next, try disconnecting the
wires in the alarm control box coming from each sensor, one at a time, and
xmit again each time to see if the trouble is coming from the one that is
disconnected.
If the sensors are wireless, they must be powered somehow.  How about
removing the power to each one, one at a time, and testing with each sensor
not powered?

GL - 73,
Tim - N3XX