Re: [RFI] So-Called Utility "Smart Meters"

To: EP Swynar <gswynar@durham.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] So-Called Utility "Smart Meters"
From: Charles Johnson <k4zrj@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 12:47:51 -0400
Georgia Power installed one of these meters at my QTH about a year ago.
No problems at all. And what I really like about it is that it can be
read remotely - no more meter reader driving up the road to the house at
50 MPH!  My tower and antennas are close by. It is only a meter, no load
regulation such as AC or hot water heater. Our house is about 500 feet
from the road and after numerous incidents of meter readers causing
various problems, I gave the meter reader supervisor notice that his
people could no longer drive up the road. They had to park at the
highway and walk. It wasn't too long after that that we received a
letter saying we would one of the first to get the new remote meters. I
like it!
73, Charles, K4ZRJ