Re: [RFI] Electric fencer, or charged capacitor (Squirrels)

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Electric fencer, or charged capacitor (Squirrels)
From: digital-conjurers@roadrunner.com
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 10:12:28 -0800
Roger,

I agree with Mike.

A friend had a similar problem, and tried to employ an electric fence.  He
eventually had to run the voltage up to 400 VDC to get through the
insulative properties of the fur; this resulted in squirrels getting
zapped, knocked on their cans, and then trying the same thing again and
again until he had fried squirrel.  Then two.  Then...well, you get the idea.

These things have almost no brain, are incredibly stupid, and can make no
connection between their own mortality, food, and something which will hurt
them.

Fortunately nature often takes care of it's own when left undisturbed, and
we have a large number of several species of hawk out here...so the problem
eventually became the hawk's dinner.

Wish I could be more ehlp, but, as I said, these things are incredibly
stupid; a lab mouse is Einstein to them.

-Lin/KJ6EF