Re: [RFI] Fair Rite #31 Mix Material

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Fair Rite #31 Mix Material
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 22:45:43 -0500
The closest core size I can find in #31 material is the Fair-Rite P/N
2631480102.  That's a half-inch in diamter, but it's also a whopping
half-inch in depth.  So the thickness of the toroid core is the same size as
the diameter.  I think I can make that work, but I am curious as to why
Fair-Rite has no cores in the traditional thickness and diameter sizes.   Is
it because the #31 mix needs more material per comparative volume of space
to be effective?  Those traditional core sizes all appear together in the
Fair-Rite catalog but they are limited to 67, 61, 43, 77, 75, 76, and 85 mix
material.

Paul, W9AC