[RFI] Zoom X6 DSL Modem loses internet connection

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Zoom X6 DSL Modem loses internet connection
From: "W0MU Mike Fatchett" <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 10:04:32 -0700
When I transmit on 40m about 500 watts.

I swapped out the dsl modem.  No change.

We have one phone hooked up and it is a wireless console with 6 handsets.

I have a fairly long run of Cat5 going upstairs to a switch and from there
another fairly long run of cat5 going over to the shack into another switch.

I am sure that I tried the setup with everything disconnected and the modem
still dropped the internet.

The tower is about 100 to 150 ft from the modem.

The dsl modem is on a dedicated line from the service into the house which
is about 3 ft in length.

Any suggestions on where to start would be appreciated.  It only seems to
happen on 40m.

Mike W0MU

never get over." Ben Franklin