Re: [RFI] DSL Filter Update

To: "RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] DSL Filter Update
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 17:31:46 -0800
On Sun, 8 Mar 2009 18:05:38 -0500 (CDT), Christopher E. Brown wrote:

>A filter with a sharp cutoff starting around 3Mhz combined with heavy
>common mode choke would have alot less impact on the sync rate.

That's sort of the direction I was thinking about. Note that one can get
quite serious with a common mode choke without affecting the
differential mode circuit at all. Thanks for the info re: 2.2 MHz max
bandwidth. The engineer friend I consulted on this told me 1.1 MHz.
Sharp guy, but his experience in that industry was at least 4-5 years
old, and he's been doing completely different things since.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC