Re: [RFI] DSL Filter Update

To: "RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] DSL Filter Update
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 18:16:27 -0800
On Sun, 8 Mar 2009 17:46:37 -0700 (PDT), Roger Parsons wrote:

>but a cut-off of 3MHz would not protect against a 160m transmitter
> at all - which is where this all started.

You're looking at the elephant through a differential-mode hole in
the tent. Don't rule out the value of common-mode suppression, which
is considerable. The KY and K-Com filters are both quite well
thought of (because they work), and they are ONLY common mode
chokes. I do think it is important that they are VERY GOOD common
mode chokes.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC