[RFI] Telco Filter Measurements

To: "RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Telco Filter Measurements
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 11:57:07 -0800
Someone sent me a Radio Shack 2-line filter advertised as being
effective on broadcast, CB, and ham RFI. I just measured it, and it
is absolute garbage. It's a very high Q choke tuned to 7 MHz. It
would work on 40M, but would be useless anywhere else. Model number
279-151.

So far, all of the KY and K-Com chokes I've measured have been decent
products, and the KY filters are better than the K-Coms. I'd love to
measure the Excelus products, but they won't send me a sample and I'm
not willing to buy something I don't need myself. :)

73,

Jim Brown K9YC