Re: [RFI] RFI Digest, Vol 77, Issue 11

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI Digest, Vol 77, Issue 11
From: George Gorsline VE3YV <ve3yv@pathcom.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 16:11:04 -0400
The same warning is on the packaging of the cheap dollar store variety
CFLs, but not on most of the other so called higher quality bulbs in
hardware and big box stores (Noma, Globe are two brands available around
here).  No issues with RFI here on those.  Only issue, beaten to death
here a while ago, is life, especially when used in enclosed fixtures
contrary to packaging instructions - observed failures here on early 100
w models, so far.  YKMV (metric)
FWIW - There is a great article on how to recover the parts from a dead
CFL and build an HF transmitter at
http://mjrainey.googlepages.com/dasderelicht

--

73,  George VE3YV / K8HI