[RFI] Another 40 meters Interefrence Case

To: RFI@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Another 40 meters Interefrence Case
From: Luciano Nachif <luciano_nachif@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 09:13:10 -0700 (PDT)
I installed a 40 meters Cushcraft 40-2CD 2 elem. yagi on a 125 foot tower by
May 2nd.
On first few days it sounded like a dream. Noise was around S3 and no
interference whatsoever.

Some days after installation, I noticed that I could hear a 3KHz bandwidth
noise every 24 KHz on the entire HF band, night or day time (24 hours a day).
Strongest noise was around 6,8 to 7,1 MHz despite antenna or radio. ( I also
performed some tests with a Sony  portable radio ICF-7600GR set for LSB)

On the next weekend, when I came back home, the interference was gone. For 18
days in a row no intereference showed up. Everything was pretty good.

Ten days ago, it came back and it is a S-7 to S-9 depending where the antenna
points to.

I decided to go for a walk around the block and noticed that the noise is
either on the power lines and/or cable telephones. It starts 100 feet before
and 200 feet after my house main gate.

When scannning from 1MHz to 30MHz, it peaks around 6,8 to 7 MHz.

If there's anyone on this list that can help me, please, do so!

I appreciate your help!

Best regards,

Luciano PT9KK