Re: [RFI] Recommended RFI-Proof Speakers

To: Amateur-repairs@yahoogroups.com, RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Recommended RFI-Proof Speakers
From: kd4e <doc@kd4e.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 17:29:09 -0500
They've been discontinued.  Sigh.

BTW:  I accidentally put my external USB HDD next to my cheap
amplified speakers and it started making all kinds of unhappy
noises ... magnetic field from the speaker messed with the HDD!

One may not only want to watch the speaker wiring and case
for RFI-in but also an amplified speaker for RFI-out ...
since so
much of what we use in Ham stations includes computer memory
devices and other accessories sensitive to magnetic fields.

--

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
FS/Swap/Wanted: http://kd4e.com/swapn.html