[RFI] WECS

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] WECS
From: rbaker <rbaker@cloudnet.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 19:19:33 -0500
Hello all--- Does anyone have any information concerning possible RFI
being produced from a Wind Energy Conversion System ?? There is a
proposal to put one in our residential area.It will be up on a 40'
monopole,with a maximum rotor ( blades ??) diameter of 6'8",producing
1000/1400w/48volts,depending on wind speed.This is a test case, as our
city has no regulations concerning wind generators--towers yes--but not
a WECS!!My concern is the possible production of static charges from the
blades,sound, RFI from the generator,attenuation of my signal by the
rotating blades to the SW.eg.the S. Pacific.
                  Have fun with this one, people!!
       73
                 de    Bob   W0ROB