[RFI] Alternatives to Easily Blocked Communications?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Alternatives to Easily Blocked Communications?
From: kd4e <doc@kd4e.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 21:11:41 -0500
Given the sophisticated methodologies that the Chinese,
and now their friends in the totalitarian regime in Iran,
are using to block cell phone and Internet communications
it is obvious that we need a better Internet-independent
means to communicate at least regionally, if not nationally.

In a situation of international conflict it will probably
be trivial for China, and their allies, to take down most
of our Internet.  The dependencies of many modern
Ham-related technologies on the Internet as a backbone
becomes troubling.

This is probably OT here - where would be a better place
to discuss this?

--

.Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
.FS/Swap/Wanted: http://kd4e.com/swapn.html