Re: [RFI] What the ARRL has power line noise?

Subject: Re: [RFI] What the ARRL has power line noise?
From: Michael Coslo <mjc5@psu.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 13:25:47 -0500
On Feb 12, 2010, at 1:01 PM, John Pelham wrote:

> Huh?  If some real power-line RFI is present, attendees can learn more
> through the actual practice of DF'ing actual power-line noise
> sources.  No
> amount of instruction and practice on fake signals can substitute for
> actually doing the real thing.

Hey, different people have different ideas.

Frankly if I were a powerline company, I'd love this little bit of
info. "ARRL HQ has RFI, and they don't do anything about it. Some Hams
even think it's a good thing."

> What ARRL equipment cannot be used?  I have visited and operated
> from W1AW
> several times in the past few years and found the station equipment
> to be
> quite usable.
"
And that's exhibit number two. "They have RFI and it doesn't affect
their operation."

  Fortunately RFI problems never get worse, eh?

> This is ham radio we're talking about.  Nobody's dying from power-line
> noise.

        Way to take an analogy and think it's serious! HIHI

Seriously if folks think they should use their RFI problem as  some
sort of good thing to have, have at it.

At the very least, we have Hams saying "some" RFI is good.

I'd sooner say it's bad and it should go away.

-73 de Mike N3LI -