[RFI] Broadcast QRM Splatter on 6985 kHz

To: "RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Broadcast QRM Splatter on 6985 kHz
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 21:21:56 -0700
I happened to look at the LP Pan screen that I have hooked up to a K3 and saw
massive splatter from a broadcast station on 6985 kHz that extends well into
40CW. The LP Pan rig is new to me, and I'm not absolutely sure that the
splatter isn't overload (although I suspect that it's not). Can someone else
take a look at this?  It almost looks like digital modulation superimposed on
the analog AM. It's a religious broadcaster. Tentatively, I'd guess that it's
coming from S or SE of me.

73,

Jim K9YC