Re: [RFI] warning on led bulb

To: "Rfi" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] warning on led bulb
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 12:04:39 -0700
On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 19:52:24 +0000, K1TTT wrote:

>I just tracked down a new birdie on 160m

Thanks Dave. You MIGHT be able to kill it with the combination of a ferrite
choke and AC-rated capacitor across the choke on the line side. The choke
kills the common mode, and the cap works with the leakage inductance to
form a differential filter. In this application, you want to wind the choke
with some asymetry so that there will be some leakage/imbalance for the cap
to work with. This is something I picked up from Henry Ott.

73, Jim Brown K9YC