Re: [RFI] Ferrite bead disintegration

To: n4zr@contesting.com, RFi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Ferrite bead disintegration
From: Kimberly Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 08:57:07 -0700 (PDT)
Could they have been immersed (more or less) in water then exposed to freezing?
That could have imposed enough stress. Also, as long as the pieces of the beads
themselves remain held together, they will still work just fine. That's why
split beads work, even though they're in two pieces.

Kim Elmore, N5OP