[RFI] AM radio RFI from 2010 Ford Escape

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] AM radio RFI from 2010 Ford Escape
From: John Brosnahan -- W0UN <shr@swtexas.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 17:29:40 -0500
We recently purchased a 2010 Ford Escape with the 3.0L V6 engine and
automatic transmission.  I entertained the idea of adding a mobile
rig to the vehicle but the noise level in the stock AM radio has
discouraged me unless I can sort out and fix the source of the RFI.

The RFI is frying noise that pretty much disappears when you let up
on the accelerator but immediately returns once you hit the gas
again.  So I think it is probably fuel injector related.

I have done some google searching for info on this noise on the Ford
Escape to no avail.  Can anyone suggest a source of info for curing
(or at least greatly reducing) the AM noise when the gas pedal is depressed?

Thanks  --  John  W0UN