Re: [RFI] Direct TV DVR problems

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Direct TV DVR problems
From: Howard Lester <howard220@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 12:41:37 -0400
Along that line, my DirecTV HD receiver made loud thumping noises when I
transmitted with 100w on 30 meters. I found two old 1-3/8" I.D. toroids
taped together, possibly a 73 or 77 mix, wrapped as many turns of the
incoming coax around it, and the thumping disappeared. 31 mix would be my
choice nowadays.

Howard N7SO