Re: [RFI] CFL Bulbs that are OK!

To: "Jim Miller KG0KP" <JimMiller@STL-OnLine.Net>, "Christopher E. Brown" <cbrown@woods.net>, "KD7JYK DM09" <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] CFL Bulbs that are OK!
From: "Edward Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 17:00:13 -0500
Hi Jim,

Well, Cuba banned "normal" incandescent light bulbs some years ago---Ontario
here is slated to do the same a year, or two, hence...

In this half-baked rush to suddenly "...go green" here, I think that all of
the do-gooders in this province are forgetting that proper disposal of these
things will entail some "...gymnastics" on the part of consumers, in that
CFLs are deemed as hazardous waste because of their mercury content...

But let's all just forget about that for now, & worry about it
tomorrow...(!).

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ