Re: [RFI] CFL Bulbs that are OK!

To: "N0RQ-lists" <n0rq-lists@sbcglobal.net>, "'Group RFI'" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] CFL Bulbs that are OK!
From: "Hardy Landskov" <n7rt@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 11:12:40 -0700
From: "N0RQ-lists" <n0rq-lists@sbcglobal.net>
To: "'Group RFI'" <rfi@contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 10:47 AM

> I've wondered if/when houses will be built with low-voltage wiring and
> outlets as standard.  The proliferation of cheapo wall-warts could (in
> theory) come to an end.  New motto: "An Ameritron 12vDC linear supply in
> every home!"
>
> My biggest beef with CFLs has been life expectancy.  I've purchased from
> Home Depot, Sam's, etc, and replaced some incandescents...  but a number
> of
> them have burned out in a matter of months.

Boy, I am glad I am not the only one with this short life problem. I buy
CFL's at Home Depot and 3 months later they go back but it is getting to be
a royal pain to keep track of receipts & dates.
So back to incandescents.......

Anyhow, 20 years from now, I doubt you'll find a CFL anywhere. Fragile.

20 years from now you won't find many of us either.

My 2 cents
N7RT