Re: [RFI] Internet access

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Internet access
From: AE5B <ae5b@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 13:32:10 -0600
Didn't mean to stir up a Wildblue/Hughes Net debate. I think it is safe to say
that they both leave a lot to be desired. My choice was made because WB has a
dealer fairly close with a full-blown store front. I am able to walk into the
store and talk face-to-face with someone other then kid that shows up at the
ranch to do the installation.

 My main question was if any of the wirless-N modums were a problem RF wise. If
so, I will avoid those models. So far, all reports have been that they were
clean. One less thing to worry about :-)  I appreciate the help.

 Oh, as far as you guys with 3G, 4G,etc.Out here at the ranch we have a little
box that sets on a table over in the corner of the room. We call it a
tele-phone. It woks pretty good, most of the time. Now I do have one of those
fancy little toy phones but I have to drive five miles to the top of a hill
before it will work, some of the time.

73,
John
AE5B