Re: [RFI] "Inverter Technology" microwave ovens

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] "Inverter Technology" microwave ovens
From: "KD7JYK DM09" <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 11:34:15 -0800
: makes for lighter less expensive power supplies and I do have a light
: weight microwave oven of several years. It may very well have an
: inverter power supply.

The transformer in my last microwave could provide 7.6KV @ 1A, these new
inverters must be pretty hefty!

: As an aside. A friend does county hunting from a Honda hybrid. I asked
: about the RFI from the motor control. He said it is manageable. He does
: operate his HF rig while in motion.  I have yet to talk to a HAM who
: owns a Toyota hybrid or all electric who can operate an HF radio in

I work with Class C Telemetry on HF and I can hear those %#(*&%(*%!!!
Toyotas for a quarter mile radius, heck, they can be on the next block and
wipe me out!

Kurt