Re: [RFI] Radiant floor heating

To: M Roden <w5jr.mike@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Radiant floor heating
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 15:45:34 -0500
Well, we are within days of embarking on a bathroom remodeling featuring
a heated floor.  I've looked at the thermostat/control units, and
considering that they go in a standard single-gang outlet box, I suspect
they are microprocessor based and work by simply cycling the power on
and off to the heated appliance.  Of course, they have to incorporate a
switching mode power supply (I think) so there may be issues there.  The
bathroom is right next to the shack, so there may be some bypasses and
inductors in my future.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,