Re: [RFI] Battery Maintainers & RFI

To: "doc@kd4e.com" <doc@kd4e.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Battery Maintainers & RFI
From: "Christopher E. Brown" <cbrown@woods.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 21:47:42 -0600 (CST)

Take a look at the IOTA Engineering DLS series, the /IQ4 models.

15 - 75 amp supplies, the /IQ4 indicates an internal charge controller
designed for this use.  (They are also isolated output, rated for both
series and parallel setups).

I run a pair of DLS-55/IQ4 as station supply and battery bank charger.
_Measured output_ after a station run-time test a few months back was
105amps ~ 13.2VDC, normal float voltage is 13.6

I have a 3rd unit as a spare / general purpose supply and charger.

One thing though, the MAX charge rate of the batterie(s) connected *MUST*
be greater than the supplies limiter.

I have a 110amp output limit, but a normal use charge limit of 200+ amps
to the bank (max safe even high).

Last thing you want is a 45 amps charger connected to a discharged small
batt or gel-cell with a max safe charge current limit of 10 amps...

I would suggest looking at the DLS-15/IQ4