Re: [RFI] Old RFI back and a new one help please

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Old RFI back and a new one help please
From: "Battles,Richard" <Battles.Richard@lee.k12.al.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 10:34:01 -0600
Scott, this sounds like a switching power supply in you home, or near you from
a neighbor.  switching power supplies sound like a buzzsaw.  the rfi from the
supply will be conducted into the house wiring, then into the power lines from
the power company.  the rfi will not go past the transformer, on the pole, but
will flow
into the ground system of the power system.

a common mode choke will most likely fix the problem.

richard
wb4byq