Re: [RFI] Another look at Geothermal H&V

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Another look at Geothermal H&V
From: "Dave Harmon" <k6xyz@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 09:29:04 -0600
I have a Climatemaster (model Paradigm) Geothermal.
There are no fans on the outside unit.

The air handler in the attic is made by someone else and is not part of the
Geo unit.
The Geo unit connects to the handler but the handler is really a separate
unit. Many mfgrs make them.
The handler does not have a variable speed fan.....it is constant speed.
If your home already has a handler.....check to see if it is compatible with
the Geo unit....instead of buying another one that you don't need.

The entire heating/cooling system is completely noise free and unbelievably
efficient.
This is a totally electric modern home and I haven't had an electric bill
over $200 yet even with tube ham gear running much of the time.
After this month I may have to take that back though!

>From experience......I must add that if anyone is considering installing one
of these systems....make sure your installer knows what he is doing. Many
will tell you 'no problem'....yeah right.
The Geo system is still not very common these days due to the expense of
installation so many installers are not familiar with it.
Do your homework.

Dave Harmon
K6XYZ[at]sbcglobal[dot]net
Sperry, Ok.