[RFI] Funny Incedent today while tracking some RFI

To: RFI@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Funny Incedent today while tracking some RFI
From: wd3c@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 17:10:07 -0400 (EDT)

I've never been out looking for RFI without being stopped by the local cops.
Generally they
are just curious and go on their way. Not today we actually were asked to
provide ID, I refused
which did not sit well with the officer. I wrote the below to send to my radio
club reflector some
of which is tongue and cheek.

Two local men from Newark temporarily detained by Newark Police

March 27, 2011

     The two men, Rich Dalton & Dave Drew both of Newark were observed in the
area of Main Street and Farmers Lane across from the
       Newark Shopping Center using various weird looking antennas and other
malicious looking apparatus. When questioned they indicated
to Newark PD that they were Ham radio operators looking for power line
interference. After a brief struggle both men identified themselves
and swore and oath that they were not anyway affiliated with Al Qaeda and had
no plans to shut the power off to the nearby Rita's Water Ice
Stand. After a computer background check was run both men were released.

Mr. Drew's wife was quoted as saying, " There is no way David is allowed to
play with Rich anymore."

 Mrs. Dalton put Richard on restriction of no radio for a week and he must
watch reruns of the TV show Glee.