Re: [RFI] RFI free UPS

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI free UPS
From: K8RI <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 18:59:57 -0400
On 6/28/2011 6:19 PM, ron wrote:
> you must forgive me, I must be getting more grey than I thought.
> When I first read the subject line, I wondered what the delivery company
> had to do with RF interference ..... (smile)

I wondered who was sending RFI via UPS, free, or why they'd even admit it.

But after reading the original post... I've used APC  units from the the
little 500 watt units to the 1500VA units with no problems.  The one
under this desk is a Backup-UPS X5, 1500.  The 160 m antenna is about 30
feet ,<10 meters from the rig in here.  Similar set up in the shop with
the 40 meter antenna roughly 30-40 feet and the 75 meter antenna about
90 feet from the rigs out there.  Nary a peep out of them

Unfortunately my broadband noise is back today.  It's a series of pulses
and sounds like line noise *except* it starts around 40 or a bit above
and gets stronger as you go up in frequency through 6 meters where it's
running about S 4-5. It comes and goes with no correlation to weather or
time of day that I recall.  OTOH that is on the AV-640 which is sorta
like a dummy load at present.

It's been a long time since it bothered and that was with the big
antennas. I don't know if this is from the same source or not and I have
(at the moment) no way to DF on it.

73

Roger (K8RI)