Re: [RFI] trane air handlers

To: Gary Smith <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] trane air handlers
From: "doc@kd4e.com" <doc@kd4e.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 10:47:57 -0400
We recently installed a small Rheem Prestige-series HVAC system and
no problems to-date.

 From the order confirmation:
"Rheem R410A Complete Split System Heat Pumps 14 SEER 2 Ton X-13 Air
Handler (RPNL024JAZ; RHSLHM2417JA; RXBH17A05J; 54-1620-E3)"

We bought it online from <http://ingramswaterandair.com> because we
were going to self-install with an assist from a licensed HVAC guy,
but he got busy and we had to meet a deadline ... so we paid a HVAC
contractor to install it.

The installer said that the X-13 motors are very costly to replace
and that many customers have him retrofit with the older motors
when the X-13 failed.  I understand that the X-13 is more-efficient.

--

Thanks! & 73, KD4E
David Colburn http://kd4e.com