[RFI] TV turns on-off when TX

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] TV turns on-off when TX
From: "VE6WZ_Steve" <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 11:38:23 -0700
When TX on 80m, my neighbors' Samsung LCD TV will turn on, off, the volume will
randomly change and channels will change.
It uses an IR remote.
so far we have done the following:

1. removed batteries from the remote. No change.
2. removed ALL AV and HDMI cables from the unit....only connection is power
cord....no change.
3. Ferrite torroid on power cord...still no change...channels and volume etc.
still change when tx.
4. so far the problem seems isolated to 80m....40 and up don't seem to be an
issue.

I seems as though the RF is entering the TV directly and effecting the remote
control circuitry.
This is a very unusual problem, since I have always been able to solve an RFI
problem with torroids on the cables to the unit, but in this case, the unit
seems affected when isolated.
I am at a loss what I should try next.
Anyone found a solution to this problem?

de steve ve6wz.