Re: [RFI] Smart Meter Lawsuit in Texas

To: "'Jim Miller KG0KP'" <JimMiller@STL-OnLine.Net>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Smart Meter Lawsuit in Texas
From: "Ed K0iL" <eddieedwards@tconl.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 22:04:24 -0600
Jim,

Each utility will probably be doing slightly different things.  Check your
utilities web site for details.  In my part of Nebraska, the plan is to
cycle the customers' air conditioning on/off in 15 minute cycles.  Only the
outdoor unit will be effected so the fan indoors can still circulate air in
the home.

I haven't heard any other plans beyond that at this point, but I'm sure it
is coming.  After all, in order to reduce our energy usage to meet the new
2013 EPA regs, something has to give up a lot of power usage to avoid brown
outs or rolling black outs when plants start shutting down.  Unless of
course they fight the new EPA regs in the courts by using NERC requirements.
Battle of the FEDS!

73, de ed -K0iL