Re: [RFI] Line noise KUB Knoxville

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Line noise KUB Knoxville
From: Scott Yost <nm8rmedic@rocketmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 16:49:16 -0700 (PDT)
Pat,

My go-to tracking radio had always been a Pilot Pal portable.

Link below:

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/novatech_pilot_pal.html

The ferrite antenna rotated and could be easily employed to track down an arc,
using the radio's S-meter and gain control.  This radio was made for DF'ing.

Various models were produced.  All covered LW, and the BCB, plus one other
band.  For that 3rd band, some tuned up to about 6 Mhz; others the CB band, and
another model the VHF aircraft band.

Until my current
HF frequency-specific arc (which I believe I have finally localized using
an HFDF unit from National RF), it had never let me down in tracking a power
line arc.

Scott
NM8R