Re: [RFI] 6 Minutes - a record?

To: "Gerald Wolczanski" <jerrywolczanski@earthlink.net>, RFI@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] 6 Minutes - a record?
From: "Dale Svetanoff" <svetanoff@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 22:51:15 -0500
Jerry,

Please do us a favor and list make and model of the fan.  Frankly, I am a
bit surprised about a ceiling fan causing RFI, but I suupose anything is
possible.  I say that because I have 5 ceiling fans in my house and all
have straight induction motors - they are "RF quiet".  Speed change is
accomplished by switching the number of poles within the motor.

Does this fan use solid state speed control?  It would be interesting to
know.

73, Dale
WA9ENA