[RFI] Icom R5 / R6 AM frequency range?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Icom R5 / R6 AM frequency range?
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 16:00:14 -0400
The specs for the Icom R5 and R6 receivers only list AM sensitivity
in specific bands to 330 MHz. Does anyone have one of these? I would
like to verify that it will receive in AM mode above that.

I've been thinking about the need for UHF (and possibly someday even
HF) in tracking down power line noise. These little receivers meet
my portability requirements and would seem to offer a lot of added
capability for the price. Anyone see anything wrong with this approach?

Paul