Re: [RFI] MFJ-856 oddity

To: "'Hisashi T Fujinaka'" <htodd@twofifty.com>, "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] MFJ-856 oddity
From: "EDWARDS, EDDIE J" <eedwards@oppd.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 14:27:20 +0000
Hisashi,

I think one of our techs at work who is also a ham assembled an ultrasound kit
with a dish.  He found it really didn't work well enough to be much help doing
RI tracking on electric power poles.  He found that using higher RF freqs
worked better in his case.

At work we just purchased a new ultrasonic receiver from Radar Engineers to
replace our old broke down UE Systems unit.  Once our RFI tech gets some
experience with it, I'll try to give an update on it sometime.

73, de ed -K0iL