Re: [RFI] GE Microwave

To: N0RQ-lists <n0rq-lists@sbcglobal.net>, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] GE Microwave
From: Dale <svetanoff@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 16:05:43 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
A number of years ago, a paper was presented at the annual meeting of the
Central States VHF Society in which the equipment and methods necessary to
phase-lock a microwave oven magnetron were presented.  The idea was to use a 10
wstt driver at around 2450 MHz to "sync" a magnetron so that you would have a
reasonably stable 1 kW source of power for moonbounce work.  Interesting ...
Incidentally, heating duct (of the correct size) can be used as waveguide at
2.45 GHz if you are challenged for low loss transmission means.

73, Dale
WA9ENA