Re: [RFI] TV Switching Power Supply RFI

To: RFI@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] TV Switching Power Supply RFI
From: ron <roncasa@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 17:21:03 -0400
On 9/11/2012 4:53 PM, WD8ARZ wrote:

Yep, the switching power supply was replaced. Been almost a year now and no problems have returned and the rfi was gone too. Must have been a change in the board versions is my guess.

While we are on this topic, there are two frequent failure modes for todays electronics. Bad components, such as capacitors for power supplies from China in computers and TV's, and the none lead solder standard.

Yep,

too bad china is mass producing so so quality as opposed to Japan's better quality prior to.
The info abt the "new" solder is interesting.

72
Ron, wb1hga