Re: [RFI] Noise changes when room lights turn on / off- NOISEFOUND!!!!!

To: Eddie Edwards <eddieedwards@tconl.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Noise changes when room lights turn on / off- NOISEFOUND!!!!!
From: Ken Winterling <wa2lbi@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 07:35:12 -0400
The controllers that use a relay (you can hear the "click" when it switches
on/off) to apply/remove power to the socket are "universal" and will handle
both CFL and filament bulbs.  The power to the socket is either on or off.

The problem is with the controllers that use a SS device(s) to control
power to the socket.  As the ambient light increases and decreases the
power applied to the socket varies and the CFLs do not like that.  A
filament bulb doesn't care and just varies in brilliance.

There are dimmable CFLs but I have no experience with them.  I have,
however, used 3-way CFLs in a standard 3-way lamp socket without any
incidents.

Ken
WA2LBI