[RFI] rfi problem

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] rfi problem
From: "Michael Brown" <k9mi@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 17:19:37 -0000
I've had this RFI problem for 5 months now. I thought it was a power line as I've had 4 in a 10 year period. They local utility says they can't find anything wrong. Just to make sure it wasn't something in the house, I ran the hf rig off of a battery while shutting off power to the entire house, and the noise remained. I sent a file to a friend who has a spectrum analyzer and he said it appeared to have video in in.

I've talked to Comcast twice, first they were going to send out a 'contractor' to check it out, and he would be there in about a week. 3 weeks passed and I called them yesterday and they said that they had no responsibility in it since my cable tv works fine.

I have put 4 files on my web site, k9mi.com and for some reason the one at the top doesn't play, but the other 3 do. If anyone would check them out and have any ideas on what the source of this is I would really appreciate it.

73 - Mike, K9MI