Re: [RFI] 160m ARDF / fox hunt antenna

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] 160m ARDF / fox hunt antenna
From: "qrv@kd4e.com" <qrv@kd4e.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 15:49:14 -0500
Listening to teens talk about video games prompted this ...

I wonder if 1KW pulses of modulated AM might smoke-out the source?

Perhaps literally.

The RF pathway out could also be a RF pathway in ... if the RFI
suddenly stops you've accurately targeted the source ... kind of a
field artillery type solution I suppose.

Just sayin' ...  ;-)

I see nothing unusual or suspect on utility poles. There are several
of what, to the untrained eye, appear as though they may be
unterminated taps on the cable system. However, most have undoubtedly
been that way for years. I therefore assume the source is some
consumer electronic device. I have a prime suspect home, but am not
all that confident. It could easily be be one of half a dozen others.
I will try to think of ways to refine the search. But for now... I
will rest!

73, Paul N1BUG

--

Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com