[RFI] Telephones and DSL

To: Group RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Telephones and DSL
From: rick darwicki <n6pe@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 16:06:03 -0800 (PST)
During the 160 contest is I didn't retune the inverted L at the high end and my
SWR went up to about 2.5/1, keying the TX made my 1.9 GHz wireless phone
ringers go off. Unplugging the main phone line for the main box or retuning to
1:1 SWR cured the problem. I have two F material blocks on the phone line and
one on the power line, each has about 20 turns.

Question about DSL. Can too much ferrite kill the DSL signal or mess up the
SNR? Is the DSL signal affected by say a 160 tuned circuit/trap or is it a DC
thing and not RF? I'm looking to cure 1 KW modem problems, right now I don't
lose link but I can lose a page and have to refresh.

Thanks for listening.

Rick, N6PE