Re: [RFI] Ultrasonic Dish

To: Lee K7TJR <k7tjr@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Ultrasonic Dish
From: dalej <dj2001x@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 16:29:16 -0600
I use my Icom ICT-7H set on the aircraft band around 126 Mhz.  I can usually
find the pole or two, then I call the power company and they usually come out
in reasonable time providing we have not had any storms with power lines down.
Their workload varies and finding noise is most likely down the priority list a
bit.  They have all that fancy gear including the sonic dish rx, but it does
not always give a good reading due to wind and other noise.  I've been with the
power company guys walking the lines and observing the equipment and it's use.

Dale, k9vuj