Re: [RFI] Troubleshooting AFCI Tripping Due To Amateur Transmissions

To: "'Gary Mayfield'" <gary_mayfield@hotmail.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Troubleshooting AFCI Tripping Due To Amateur Transmissions
From: "john brodie" <brodiejb@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 18:42:14 -0800
Just recently been through all this with a NuHeat "Solo" thermostat with
built-in GFI.  Running 100 watts and found the GFI tripped every time with
transmissions on 21 and 28 MHz.  No other GFIs in the house were
so-affected.
All manner of ferrite beads, clamp-on ferrites, bypass capacitors etc. were
tried without success.  Honeywell then replaced the Solo with a Harmony
thermostat and bingo, no more problems.
John VA7XB