[RFI] RFI / Interefering Phenomenon?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] RFI / Interefering Phenomenon?
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 10:24:15 -0500
Hi Guys,

I wonder if what I've been experiencing here is strictly a local case of RFI,
or if others are hearing it to, especially at stations near southern
"VE3"-land...?

Specifically, since roughly early December (when I first noticed it), at
precisely 1230Z each day, & at around 1820-KHz, a loud "whir-whir-whir" noise
suddenly starts up that is very raspy & broad...it can be heard at roughly
21-KHz spacings each way, up & down the band, and the entire "progression" very
slowly moves down in frequency...

It's hard to put into words: imagine the whirring police siren from the film
"Smokey & The Bandit", only with a very raspy / rough tone, and very broad. It
peaks here with my K9AY that's pointing due north, causing me to suspect that
it may well be some automatically timed gizmo that my gadget-crazy neighbour
several hundred feet north of me may have acquired & "...put into
action."...but then again, it could be something else, emanating from
who-knows-where...

Is anyone else experiencing this right at 1230Z, or am I the sole lucky
winner...?   :o)

My operations on 160 are not especially affected by this, as I usually pack it
in around 1230Z, anyway---still, it HAS piqued my curiosity...

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ