Re: [RFI] URGENT: Washing Machine RFI

To: Michael Sciascia <sciascia@me.com>, "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] URGENT: Washing Machine RFI
From: Scott Yost <nm8rmedic@rocketmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 15:42:08 -0800 (PST)
We replaced a Gibson front loader about 1 and 1/2 years ago with a Sears
Kenmore Elite front loader.  The Gibson, as chronicled here, was an RFI
producer of the highest order.  It also leaked water, and I had to retorque the
drum flanges about twice a year.  I was glad to see it go.  I could hear the
VFD on my HF mobile rig when pulling into the driveway.  It was curable, but I
still greatly disliked the machine.  All details of curing the Gisbson are in
the archives, here.

The Kenmore Elite has required no RFI suppression at all.  As far as its
ability as a washer goes, I still take issue with machines that use seemingly
only a cupful of water to wash clothes.  And it seems to gum the laundry.  I
want to see some agitation-action.  A thing of the past, I guess.

So, Kenmore Elite front loader is RF noise free.

Scott

NM8R