Re: [RFI] Aparently RFI Quiet Dimmable LED Floodlight from Home Depot

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Aparently RFI Quiet Dimmable LED Floodlight from Home Depot
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 09:25:01 -0700
On 3/29/2013 11:52 AM, donovanf@starpower.net wrote:
The LED lighting I am using in my kitchen is a sealed fixture with a Fresnel
like lens inside which is the LED bulb. It is sold at Home Depot.

While the observation that these fixtures are working for him, I don't see any product identification. And, of course, what matters most is proximity to antennas, not equipment (unless, of course, the equipment has a strong Pin One Problem).

It should also be remembered that a device can be quiet when working correctly, but get noisy when it is aging or getting ready to fail. I had exactly that experience a few weeks ago with the knock-off power supply for the Thinkpad computer I'm using to do email. It's on a table in my living room, 200 ft from most antennas, about 60 ft from the shack. I missed the recent 9M4 DXpedition on 160M thanks to a really strong noise that had just appeared, and I never found. But when i returned from a weekend trip east and plugged that computer back into the power supply, the PSU was dead. And the 160M noise was gone.

73, Jim K9YC