Re: [RFI] Quiet Dimmers For 120V Incandescents

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Quiet Dimmers For 120V Incandescents
From: Christopher Brown <cbrown@woods.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 14:34:10 -0800
All Lutron dimmers are listed as having RFI supression, though I have
never found a data sheet with details.

Most models list "RFI supression" or "standard RFI supression", models
Maestro, Skylark, Ariadni, Centurion, Nova, Nova T and Vareo all list
"Superior RFI suppression"

I had 2 very noisy dimmers (most of the wiring and the light fixtures
are within 40 feet of main antenna), replaced both with Lutron "Skylark"
dimmers.

Before I had wideband hash across all HF when dimmers in use, now I
cannot tell when they are in use.